MS/SA and DNS load (really: "relays.visi.com")?

Steve Swaney Steve.Swaney at FSL.COM
Tue Dec 21 18:15:16 GMT 2004

I picked this up off the web a while back. I was just waiting for the right
question to fire it off to the list. Thanks for asking the right question
Chris :)

"At the Las Vegas conference, Apache also revealed that the planned 3.1
release of its open-source spam filter, SpamAssassin, would focus on speed
and accuracy. Expected in three to four months, version 3.1 is expected to
feature faster filtering and quicker updates to rules, which look for
spam-related patterns in messaging.

Theo Van Dinter, who serves on the Apache management committee for
SpamAssassin, said rules had to be updated quickly so Apache could stay
ahead of spammers. "It's an arms race, really," he said.

Also planned for release 3.1 is an "early exit" feature that allows the spam
engine not to process an e-mail any further once it identifies it as spam."

Sorry but I can't remember which clipping server sent me the quote.

Steve

Steve Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.