MailScanner and Gentoo

Wess Bechard mailscanner at ELIQUID.COM
Mon Dec 20 21:52:47 GMT 2004

Mike,

I am currently using Gentoo on two servers with MailScanner, ClamAV, and
SpamAssassin 3.x.

I am not using Gentoo to improve performance, rather I use it because of
the amazing portage package management system.  I don't really think you
will see that much of a speed improvement, but you will have a much
easier time keeping system packages up to date.

I have a few thousand accounts managed and authenticated through mysql.

Gentoo + MailScanner = Pure Joy