How do we kill spam to BLOGS on localhost?

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Sun Dec 19 17:38:21 GMT 2004

Michael Freeman wrote:
> We have a number of users using BLOGS on their sites. The problem
> being that these sites are being targeted by spam comments. The
> problem being, MS is not catching them because it refers to these
> sites as being local. What settings do we need to make to MS to make
> sure it scans spam to local sites. Noticed in Bayes that it reduced
> the score by up to -2.73 just because the site was local. How can we
> force MS to scan all spam to local sites from comment spammers?

You didn't mention which blog software they are using.

Blog spam is very annoying, but has nothing to do with MailScanner really,
as the comments are posted to the blog and the email is then generated
server-side.

It might help to have a look at some of my mutterings on this:

http://www.mneylon.com/blog/archives/2004/12/15/more-blog-spam-solutions/

http://www.mneylon.com/blog/archives/2004/12/01/blog-spam/

If the users are using Movable Type there is very little you can do about it
except suggesting that they move to Wordpress :)

HTH

Michele

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd