How do we kill spam to BLOGS on localhost?

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Sun Dec 19 14:23:14 GMT 2004

Michael Freeman wrote:
> We have a number of users using BLOGS on their sites. The problem being
> that these sites are being targeted by spam comments. The problem being,
> MS is not catching them because it refers to these sites as being local.
> What settings do we need to make to MS to make sure it scans spam to
> local sites. Noticed in Bayes that it reduced the score by up to -2.73
> just because the site was local. How can we force MS to scan all spam to
> local sites from comment spammers?

First:  Are those e-mails or just posts?  MailScanner only scans
e-mails.  If it doesn't reach your MTA, MailScanner can't do anything
about it.

If they are e-mails:

Do you have mailwatch installed?
Do you have only one web server installed?

What you could do is install a second web server who runs under another
username and whitelist this user only, don't