Auto White List working backwards?

Brendan Chard chardlist at CHARD.NET
Thu Dec 16 17:47:16 GMT 2004

I've just done an upgrade to MS 4.35.11 and SA 3.0.1 on my FreeBSD box.  I'm
noticing that in the spamassassin score reports that the AWL scores appear
to be flip-flopped.

I restarted by bayes DB and auto-whitelist file from scratch and a lot of my
valid users are scoring positive scores in the AWL portion of the scan.
Some as high as 7 points.  Here's a sample report from MailWatch on a
message that was sent from one good person to a user on my system:

5.24    AWL     From: address is in the auto white-list
-15.00  BAYES_00        Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
0.14    HTML_FONT_BIG   HTML tag for a big font size
0.00    HTML_MESSAGE    HTML included in message
0.06    HTML_TEXT_AFTER_BODY    HTML contains text after BODY close tag
0.03    HTML_TEXT_AFTER_HTML    HTML contains text after HTML close tag
1.02    MIME_HTML_MOSTLY        Multipart message mostly text/html MIME
1.30    UNDISC_RECIPS   Valid-looking To "undisclosed-recipients"

Now, that user should be in the auto whitelist, buy why are they accruing a
positive score instead of a negative one?  How can I fix this?

-Brendan