ANNOUNCE: Beta 4.37.3 released

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Wed Dec 15 20:28:50 GMT 2004

Hi Julian,

> - Postfix problems with keeping spam quarantine clean are fixed.

I have to get back to this point. If I understand the new option correctly the following should happen:

If a message is considered spam it is nonetheless scanned for viruses/bad filenames etc. If this message has a virus or a bad filename in it, it is not send to the quarantine but simply deleted. Correct?

If so, could you please make this configurable so that we can choose whether or not the mail is deleted or simply flagged as a virus? I can already see my customers receiving a badly worded mail with an .exe in it that is considered to be spam and then deleted. Personally I would prefer a setting that is behaving exactly as the good old

spam actions deliver to /dev/null

is... Works perfectly with MailWatch. I can see situations in which you will simply want to delete the entire mail but in my environments this is a no go. I could not delete a mail I already accepted just because SpamAssassin gives it a 6.01 (with 6 being low scoring spam) and having a perfectly valid .exe in it that the administrator might choose to release.

Regards,
  JP