MailScanner ANNOUNCE 4.37.2

John Wilcock john at TRADOC.FR
Tue Dec 14 14:41:31 GMT 2004

John Wilcock wrote:
> Julian Field wrote:
>
>> Can you try with
>> Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files = yes
>> for me please?
>

> Will do briefly as an experiment, though this will break the ability to
> release files and learn spam via MailWatch so I won't be leaving it that
> way for too long.

OK, I changed the setting and sent myself a copy of a high-scoring virus
message. The behaviour was essentially the same, with one copy of the
message and attachment in the normal quarantine and a second copy of the
message in the spam quarantine. The only difference is that the message
file was raw postfix format, of course.

As an aside, I believe I may have spotted a bug in the fix for
uniqueness of quarantine file names. With Quarantine Whole Messages As
Queue Files = yes the name of the raw postfix message file is just the
10 hex digits of postfix's internal id, whereas with it set to no the
filename has the extra five digits on the end.

John.

--
-- Over 2500 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - www.tradoc.fr