MailScanner ANNOUNCE 4.37.2

John Wilcock john at TRADOC.FR
Tue Dec 14 09:26:08 GMT 2004

Julian Field wrote:
> John Wilcock wrote:
>
>> Installed this beta yesterday. It seems that messages destined for the
>> quarantine are indeed getting scanned for viruses, but they are not
>> deleted, just flagged.
>
> So they are being put in the spam quarantine? What MTA are you using?
> This only applies if you have "store" amongst your "Spam Actions" and/or
> "High Scoring Spam Actions".

MTA = postfix
Quarantine Infections = yes
Quarantine Silent Viruses = yes
Quarantine Whole Message = yes
Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files = no
Keep Spam And MCP Archive Clean = yes
Spam Actions = store deliver
High Scoring Spam Actions = store

A high-scoring-spam message with a virus ends up with the message and
attachment in the normal quarantine *and* a second copy of the message
in the spam quarantine.

>> Still, the beta isn't behaving as announced for some reason. How about
>> adding another option to control whether or not messages are deleted?
>

> There is one, it was in the announcement notices and the Change Log.

Yep. I've set it, see above. What I meant was to have one option for
controlling whether messages entering the quarantine are scanned for
viruses, and a second option to control whether they are deleted.

John.

--
-- Over 2500 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - www.tradoc.fr