MailScanner ANNOUNCE 4.37.2

John Wilcock john at TRADOC.FR
Tue Dec 14 08:17:35 GMT 2004

Julian Field wrote:
> Clean of anything deemed to be an infection. Bad filenames, viruses,
> etc. That includes messages that have scripts in them, all that stuff.
> The aim is to leave the quarantine harmless.

Installed this beta yesterday. It seems that messages destined for the
quarantine are indeed getting scanned for viruses, but they are not
deleted, just flagged.

That is actually the behaviour that I would prefer, as it provides a
means of recovering false positives that may fall foul of MailScanner's
filename/filetype checks. Not that I've ever seen a false positive get a
high spam score, but it could theoretically happen.
The risk of having an "unclean" quarantine is in any case mitigated, for
MailWatch users, by MW's built-in checks to stop you releasing viruses
from the quarantine.

Still, the beta isn't behaving as announced for some reason. How about
adding another option to control whether or not messages are deleted?

John.

--
-- Over 2500 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - www.tradoc.fr