OT : Mailing list etiquette / RTFM

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Mon Dec 13 13:48:14 GMT 2004

Just my usual rant:
<monthly rant>
- please don't post HTML emails. They may seem appropriate for marketing but
they are not appropriate for a technical mailing list.

- please don't put in 40 line disclaimers. We aren't going to read them and
as you are posting to a public mailing list they are a kind of pointless

- when replying to previous emails try "snipping". There's no point in
reposting several hundred lines of logs etc., to simply say two words

- Subject lines serve a purpose. Please use them and DO NOT hijack threads.

- Please read the MAQ/FAQ and other documentation. The most common issues
have been covered many times in the past.

- Wording your questions properly will help avoid getting "larted".
 Please read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html if you are
unsure what this means.

- The output of MailScanner -v is useful.

- Help us help you. We cannot "guess" what you are doing or using. (see
above)

</monthly rant>

Michele

Mr Michele Neylon