New Installer questions Sorry :-)

Lance Haig lhaig at HAIGMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 10 10:41:35 GMT 2004

Drew,

I have tried FreeBSD a while ago and I am not fluent enough in Linux to
use that yet.

As soon as get better I will have a look at it again

Thanks for that though

Lance

Drew Marshall wrote:

 On Fri, December 10, 2004 7:23, Lance Haig said:

 1. Which LInux Flavour is the best to install onto? I have SUSE 9.1 SUSE
9.2 And can get Fedora. My limited skills are on SUSE but it redhat is
the better one I am willing to learn.

 You might want to look FreeBSD. It's not hugely different to Linux and
comes with the excellent ports system. You also don't have to worry about
dependencies as the ports system does this for you (We had no problems
when MIME::tools changed and rpm databases getting confused). JP does an
excellent job of maintaining the MS port. If you can manage to change
directory and type make install you can work FreeBSD :-)

 2. What is the install order if one wants to install everything
    mailscanner
    smapassassin
    razor2
    pyzor
    dcc
    clamav
    bitdefender
    sendmail
    mailwatch

 Apart from putting Sendmail at the top (Make sure it works) but most
distros come with this installed by default at installation, the rst of
the list is fine. Don't forget you will need Apache to view the webstats
on Mailwatch.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy