best MailScanner configuration?

Steve Swaney Steve.Swaney at FSL.COM
Mon Dec 6 23:23:33 GMT 2004

We have some tools on out website to hopefully make startup a bit simpler.
Go to:

http://www.fsl.com/support/index.html

Try downloading and installing:

Rules_Du_Jour install files
- Simply untar the files and run the new install.sh script. This package has
recently been updated to work better in concert with SA 3.0+ and has an
improved wrapper script. It also installs a static bogus_virus_warnings.cf
file that is customized to avoid blacklisting MailScanner sites.

<<<< If you have previously downloaded this file, you might want to
reinstall >>>>

SA 3.0 spam.assassin.prefs.conf file
-Simply change all the text YOURDOMAIN-COM to the value of %org-name% in
your MailScanner.conf file then install the file in whatever %etc-dir% is
set to asd spamassassin.prefs.conf. This file also sets the location of the
bayes database as /etc/MailScanner/bayes

Bayes Starter DB (Linux SA 3.0)
- Simply untar the files in /etc/MailScanner to create
/etc/MailScanner/bayes and check the permissions on the files.
Hope this helps,

Steve
Steve Swaney
President