Getting stuck when starting MS

Michael Freeman admin at thenamegame.com
Tue Dec 7 07:02:25 GMT 2004

When I start MS I cannot get out of the startup screen.

Starting MailScanner daemons:

         incoming exim:                                    [  OK  ]

         outgoing exim:                                    [  OK  ]

         MailScanner:       SA bayes lock is
/root/.spamassassin/bayes.lock

Bayes lock is at /root/.spamassassin/bayes.lock

SA bayes lock is /root/.spamassassin/bayes.lock

Bayes lock is at /root/.spamassassin/bayes.lock

SA bayes lock is /root/.spamassassin/bayes.lock

Bayes lock is at /root/.spamassassin/bayes.lock

SA bayes lock is /root/.spamassassin/bayes.lock

Bayes lock is at /root/.spamassassin/bayes.lock

SA bayes lock is /root/.spamassassin/bayes.lock

Bayes lock is at /root/.spamassassin/bayes.lock

No matter what I do CNTRL-X CNTRL-C I cannot exit out of here. I have to
log into another SSH session to stop mailscanner! WTF!