Major features?

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Sat Dec 4 20:43:16 GMT 2004

Julian Field wrote:
      I am trying to produce a flyer for MailScanner, and I want to
      list the
      major features.
      What do you all reckon they are?

In no particular order.

The obvious -

 *  Server side anti-virus capable of using the most popular AV engines
 *  Protection from various different known dangerous file types
 *  Excellent anti-spam capability using SpamAssassin
 *  Runs on most *nix platforms levering both security and reliability
    [/puts marketing book down!]

but let's face it, there are other programs out there that can do that so
less obviously -

 *  Mail sanitizing including the disarming of various HTML and other
    mail 'problems'
 *  Content filtering
 *  Easy installation and configuration but retaining a high level of
    customisation.
 *  *Highly* active support and development (Not many apps can claim 4
    hour or under response to new threats, even when in the USA! I would
    make mention of some form of 'average' response time. Usual FSA small
    print, you know passed performance doesn't guarantee future etc )
 *  Highly cost effective

There are, of cause, others but if you are making a flyer you don't want
too many as you will lose the viewer's interest. Whet the appetite and
get them gagging for more :-)

My 2p. Hope it helps.

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for
viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is