Sendmail & SpamAssassin at startup

Andy Norris andy at TIRESWING.NET
Thu Dec 2 18:26:42 GMT 2004

Okay... I have installed the latest version of MailScanner and SpamAssassin
3.0.1.

My question...

the spamassassin service should not run on its own (no service spamassassin
start)...

In the MailScanner book, the instruction is to turn sendmail off (don't
start) at startup...

Should the same thing be done for spamassassin?

I do chkconfig --list spamassassin and I get:

spamassassin  0:off  1:off  2:on  3:on  4:on  5:on  6:off

Which should I turn off for a reboot to put the machine in the state I want
it to be with regards to MailScanner, SpamAssassin, and SendMail?

Thank you for your help and patience,

Andy Norris