Older Archive Zip: request for testing

David Lee t.d.lee at DURHAM.AC.UK
Tue Aug 24 11:01:44 IST 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, David Lee wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, David Lee wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Robin, Rob wrote:
> >
> > > [...]
> > > t/testex............Can't call method "print" on unblessed reference at blib/lib/Archive/Zip.pm line 1862.
> > > FAILED test 14
> > >         Failed 1/15 tests, 93.33% okay
> > > ----
>
> This is a known bug in version 1.12 of Archive::Zip, which crept in since
> earlier versions and which we think only affects relatively old versions
> of perl, around 5.00503 .  About three weeks ago, I worked with A::Z's
> author, Ned Konz, to fix it.  He prepared a test version (1.12_03) which
> seems OK and he would like to release it as 1.13 (or similar).

Many thanks to all those who tested the revised A::Z (1.12_03) and
reported back.  I hope I replied to you each individually.

All the reports on the revised A::Z were positive (both about fixing that
test, and no new bugs being uncovered).  Ned Konz released it on CPAN as
version 1.13 yesterday afternoon (UK time).

I understand that Julian would like to migrate to version 1.13 of A::Z.
So it would be useful if some folk here in the MailScanner community could
try 1.13 (from CPAN) in the next few days.

Thanks.