Way OT: SSH worries

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WITTSEND.COM
Sat Aug 21 02:53:37 IST 2004

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 03:46:36PM -0700, Chris W. Parker wrote:
> Michael H. Warfield <mailto:mhw at WITTSEND.COM>
>     on Monday, August 16, 2004 2:04 PM said:

> >         5) Restrict ssh to IPv6.

> [snip]

> that's a good read and all, but what about the rest of us? :P

        Huh?

        I guess I don't understand the question.

        Anyone who is on IPv4 has IPv6.  In fact, everyone with an
IPv4 address has and entire IPv6 network assigned to them.  I've
traveled around the world, US, Canada, Asia, Europe, and have never
EVER found a single place where I could not get to IPv6 if I could
connect to the network at all.  In fact, I've driven from Florida
to Michigan and from Georgia to Mass using Spring 3G cellular and (even
though I lost the PPP connections in some mountains and some tunnels)
never had trouble maintaining my IPv6 connectivity once the link was up.

        What "rest of us" are you referring to?  You've all got it.
You just need to know how to use it.

> chris.

        Mike
  /\/\|=mhw=|\/\/       |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/