RunAsUser postfix issue

Brian Peterson brian.peterson at MAC.COM
Tue Aug 10 23:12:27 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
I resolved this issue for Mac OS X v10.3.5 using postfix.  There were a
couple problems I ran into.

The default SetUidGid function didn't work but the commented out
version using POSIX::setgid did work so I used that.  Anyone foresee
any problems with using this?

The error message below was being generated in the
MailScanner::Log::LogText function.  This module has a Start function
which appears to do the right thing but doesn't appear to be called
anywhere.  Sys::Syslog::setlogsock('unix') was required for Mac OS X so
I ended up just adding it to the LogText routine.

thanks
Brian Peterson

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
</x-flowed>