ANNOUNCE: MailScanner stable 4.32.5 released

Mariano Absatz el.baby at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 2 20:44:59 IST 2004

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 18:26:53 +0100, Julian Field
<mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> At 18:03 02/08/2004, you wrote:
> >Oops!
> >
> >Could there be an error in the MailScanner.conf update script? It removed
> >all my MCP stuff! Maybe it should check if the line contains mcp and if so
> >don't touch it?
>
> The MCP stuff isn't in the default conf file, so it takes it out. Skipping
> any line containing mcp might be a nice quick solution to the problem. It's
> more "unintended behaviour" rather than being an actual "bug".

Well... maybe it IS time to finally add basic MCP configuration and
comments to the main MailScanner.conf file... I never used it, but
there seems to be quite some people using it out there, and the idea
is simple... maybe a couple of 'gross' MCP-SA rules with pointers to
places where to learn how to write SA rules...

Just my 2p

--
Mariano Absatz - El Baby
el (dot) baby (AT) gmail (dot) com