Problem With PDF Files - SOLVED

Ricardo Bernardes ricardo.bernardes at centraldecomunicacao.pt
Thu Apr 29 16:06:14 IST 2004

i got the same problem
anly a few were damaged
your pdf works just fine on my computer

let's hope this is it !

ricardo

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Pitt" <ryan at MARINOCRANE.COM>
To: <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 3:31 PM
Subject: Re: Problem With PDF Files - SOLVED

Wow, this now fixes the issue I have been having with certain pdfs.
It is odd to note that it wasnt ALL pdfs that were being broken by the
(now discovered) inline message.
We actually narrowed it down yesterday to PDFs being created/printed
from the latest version of QuickBooks with the latest version of Acrobat
Professional V6.01.
It was also noted that these pdfs emailed with Netscape were delivered
just fine, but those sent with Outlook AND Outlook Express both
delivered corrupt pdfs.
Now that I have removed the inline signature, these pdfs are coming
through just fine.

I have attached a sample of the pdfs that were causing the issue for
those who are interested.
This attachment is being sent with Netscape 7.

Thanks for the fix Ricardo!

Ryan Pitt

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk