mailscanner and postfix

Ken Dyke kdyke at KEYCOMPUTERCONSULTANTS.COM
Tue Apr 27 23:28:27 IST 2004

Thanks again.

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 10:33:43PM +0100, Drew Marshall (drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK) wrote:
[...]
> Not a problem. there is a thread in the list archive or have a look at
> http://www.themarshalls.co.uk/mailscanner-docs/postfix.htm

Cool.

[...]
> The only things to consider are how does the wrapper look after the mail
> in the event of a system failure? MailScanner actually only scans a copy
> of the message (I believe?) so in the event of a power failure the
> original is just picked up again and is rescanned. After scanning the
> message is moved from one queue to another so MailScanner doesn't
> actually 'take control or ownership' of the message. This shouldn't be
> too large a problem and certainly not a show stopper.
> I would be interested to hear how you get on.

I was just reading postfix-2.1.0/README_FILES/FILTER_README (skip down
to the "Advanced content filter example") where I found a link to
Bennett Todd's smtpprox (a perl/smtp proxy).  This might be just the
ticket we are looking for.

[...]
> Sorry, Repetitive Strain Injury. All the health & safety rage here in
> the UK.

Ah, here in the states it is more usually called "repetitive motion
syndrome" (RMS).  Kind of like when RMS gets on his gnu/linux soapbox.
:-)
--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer, Elegant Innovations

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html