Invalid qf queue files

NateDog natedog550 at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 27 23:14:54 IST 2004

I haven't upgraded one of my mail servers I admin yet.  It is version:
MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner version 4.22-5

I've noticed that it does this every once and a while:
Batch: Found invalid qf queue file for message i3NA1iv05824

It may go for a month fine.  But then I'll start getting that in the log.

When it does that, emails stop going out or coming in for that matter.
Anyone know what causes that?  I haven't upgraded the version of MailScanner
yet but the thing that makes me nervous if I'm not here then the people here
wouldn't know how to fix it.  I just go in and delete the invalid files.
But no one here would know how to do that.  And I don't really want them
doing that either :)

You should see the log.  It's filled with that stupid invalid stuff over and
over and over.  When I delete the invalid files and restart mailscanner then
the error stops of course.

If upgrading will fix this then I'll do it.  But I would kinda like to know
what causes this and maybe how I can prevent it?

Thanks.

--
Nathan Peters

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html