different character sets

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Tue Apr 27 23:41:28 IST 2004

Shoval Tomer wrote:
> Can I temporarily disable MS and have sendmail work normally without
> undergoing major reconfiguration?
> The sendmail process is split to two processes, right?

You could try this:

# service MailScanner stop
# service sendmail start

Now it should run Sendmail as usual with one queue. You might have to
look into the start scripts but I'm pretty sure they leave Sendmails
start script as it is and do all Sendmail stuff from the start script
for MailScanner.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.29.7,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.39, ClamAV 0.70 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.3

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html