Invalid qf queue files

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Tue Apr 27 23:36:56 IST 2004

NateDog wrote:
> Batch: Found invalid qf queue file for message i3NA1iv05824
>
> If upgrading will fix this then I'll do it.  But I would kinda like to know
> what causes this and maybe how I can prevent it?

Looks like it's commented out now:

     # Every qf file should at least define the sender, 1 recipient and the
     # IP address. Everything else is optional, and is preserved as
     # MailScanner may not understand all the types of line.
     return 1 if $SFound && $RFound && $IPFound;
     #MailScanner::Log::WarnLog("Batch: Found invalid qf queue file for " .
     #                          "message %s", $message->{id});
     return 0;

It still checks it but it doesn't log it. Have you looked at those qf
files? They may be from interrupted SMTP sessions for example, you can
see above in the comment what MS is looking for in a qf file.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.29.7,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.39, ClamAV 0.70 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.3

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html