Major Load please help

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Fri Apr 23 22:53:06 IST 2004

Vicchiullo, Rob wrote:
> Here is an even weirder thing.
> I currently have Use Spamassassin = no in MailScanner.conf
> But if I look in the headers I see the following.
> 5.5,
>         AWL 0.00, BAYES_00 -4.90, RM_tl_ToNone 2.30)
>
> Any ideas why it is still using Spamasasssin.

Is that your headers? Do you run SA from procmail or something? SA
whitelisting is off by default in MS. I don't recognize the last trap
either (RM_tl_ToNone).

What's your baseline on this server? Did the problems start just now?
Have you run MS on it before without problems? What does it do except
mail, you mentioned DNS?

Could you post output from top and prstat? What exactly is the problem,
is it you thinking the load average is too high? You should check the
delay time on the outgoing mail, that's a pretty good measurement of
true performance on a mail server.

Lots of questions, I know. :-)

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.29.7,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.39, ClamAV 0.70 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.3

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html