Max Children Issue and SA timeouts

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Fri Apr 23 23:42:52 IST 2004

You shouldn't have to dump your old database and start relearning all over.
It's been a while since I went from 2.55 to 2.63 (via 2.60) but if memory
serves there was a fairly simple process to convert/import the data in the
old format into the new format.  Sorry I don't recall the specifics, but it
was well covered when 2.60 came out so if you search the archives on the web
site you outta be able to get some good pointers.  Might even be in the FAQs
but I haven't looked so may be wrong on that.

Short story, if a dummy like me can do it, anybody can! ;-)

...Kevin
CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
Administrator
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Burzenski [mailto:jburzenski at AMERICANHM.COM]
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 11:50 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Max Children Issue and SA timeouts

>Bayes scores was bad but the training is quick and I think long learning
periods are a little overrated so you don't risk >that much. But it's your
call of course.
Do you have any idea how long it would take to retrain a system that
currently sees ~50K msgs per day?  I'm thinking maybe kill the db on a
Friday and hope it rebuilds by Monday.  I never timed my initial bayes
training.
send leave mailscanner to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk For further info about
MailScanner, please see the Most Asked Questions at
http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/ and the archives at

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html