Whitelist vs Spam List Precedence

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Thu Apr 22 22:52:59 IST 2004

Mike McMullen wrote:
> I checked that. The real sender address is what is whitelisted. I even
> checked through a few days back of logs and see entries in mailscanner
> for it being whitelisted and getting a score of -98. Then last night after
> the mail server is listed in ORDB, the only message listed is message
> stating it's in ORDB and is marked as spam.

Looks to me you're whitelisting in SA, don't do that, do it in MS
instead. It will override everything. If you use RBL in MS and whitelist
in SA it will not work.

Use this:

Is Definitely Not Spam = %rules-dir%/spam.whitelist.rules

And insert the addresses there as yes and with a default as no.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.29.7,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.39, ClamAV 0.70 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.3

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html