Whitelist vs Spam List Precedence

Mike McMullen mlm at LOANPROCESSING.NET
Thu Apr 22 22:48:35 IST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Spicer" <kevins at BMRB.CO.UK>
To: <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: Whitelist vs Spam List Precedence

> On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 22:38, Mike McMullen wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > Now, since their mailserver has been listed in ORDB,
> > it gets tagged immediately as spam.
> >
> > Given the data I have, it appears that Spam List over-rides
> > anything in the Whitelist ruleset.
> >
> > Am I correct in this thinking? And if not, is there a way to
> > get whitelist_from to overide the Spam List?
>
> I think it should do (but I could be worng...)  My hunch is that maybe
> you are trying to whitelist the address that appears in the headers but
> the real sender address (that appears in your maillog) is the one you
> need to whitelist.

Hi Kevin,

I checked that. The real sender address is what is whitelisted. I even
checked through a few days back of logs and see entries in mailscanner
for it being whitelisted and getting a score of -98. Then last night after
the mail server is listed in ORDB, the only message listed is message
stating it's in ORDB and is marked as spam.

Thanks,

Mike

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html