Maximun Throughput

Fri Apr 16 10:31:09 IST 2004

Drew

I think Julian (who will no doubt speak for himself :-) has got about
1.2 milliona messages a day with a 2x Xeon 2.something gib and 3gb ram.

It's on the archives, so a quick search there should help.

Also possible to use mutliple machines in a shared arrangement so it
copes with machines going down as well.. (using equal MX values).

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Drew Marshall wrote:
> My ISP doesn't currently offer antivirus/ spam scanning as 'standard'
> for their users (Not that I care as I use MS at home) but I have
> recently been involved in a discussion regarding adding this capability
> using MailScanner. They have concerns about it's capacity and have
> previously rejected SpamAssassin (In spamd mode) as not being able to
> keep up with their mail queues.
>
> I was wondering what people's maximum through puts are. My ISP uses,
> these days, high end Intel boxes having moved from Sparc (Although I
> have no idea of spec so any pointers as to suggested specs would be handy).
>
> Your thoughts, as ever, much appreciated.
>
> Drew
>
> --
> In line with our policy, this message has
> been scanned for viruses and dangerous
> content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.
> www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy

the system manager.