Maximun Throughput

Ken Anderson (Pacific Internet) ka at PACIFIC.NET
Fri Apr 16 17:28:54 IST 2004

Your OS, Filesystem, MTA of choice, and _configuration_ would also be an
important factor. We use sendmail, MailScanner/SA/rules_du_jour, DCCD,
rbldnsd and bind, and can squeeze about 400-500k messages/day through
one dual Xeon 2ghz machine (redhat 7.3) with 2gb RAM without swapping or
any uncomfortable delays during peak hours.

I believe Julian's performance mark is at the high end of performance,
and it might be overly optimistic to expect this to be the case for
normal ISP traffic.

Ken A