Signature files for AV Packages

Wayne Fox subscriptions at ETEAM.COM.AU
Tue Apr 13 04:35:46 IST 2004

Kyle,
  first look in /etc/MailScanner/virus.scanners.conf
The third parameter is passed to the wrapper signifying where the base
install directory for the virus scanner is for the current Box.

for my Linux box..
bitdefender     /usr/lib/MailScanner/bitdefender-wrapper        /opt/bdc
clamav          /usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-wrapper             /usr/local
f-prot          /usr/lib/MailScanner/f-prot-wrapper
/usr/local/f-prot
sophos          /usr/lib/MailScanner/sophos-wrapper             /usr/local

where virus definitions are located in:-
bitdefender     /opt/bdc/Plugins
clamav          /usr/local/share/clamav
f-prot          /usr/local/f-prot
sophos          /usr/local/sav