4.29.7 - Load Average

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Thu Apr 8 17:22:24 IST 2004

Hi Gang,

I've just gotten around to upgrade both my MailScanner boxes from 4.25-10 to
4.29.7 - I realise that *loads* of stuff has been improved between these
versions but I've experienced quite a fair increase in Load Average since
the upgrade and wondered if anyone else had experienced anything similar??

For example - my busiest box processes around 4,500 messages per day and had
an average load of 0.5, since upgrading this is now more like 1.10.

Box is Compaq DL360 G2 - P3 1400Mhz, 1Gb Ram, 16Gb SCSI disks running RH9
with Sophos SAVI and ClamAV module.

Cheers,
Steve.

believed to be clean.