(newbie) install/configuration question

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Mon Apr 12 18:43:48 IST 2004

This is where you are confused.  Virus Scanners = none is ok, but you must put Virus Scanning = yes to make MailScanner run security checks (i.e. filename and filetype checks.)

I suggest you read carefully the comments on this settings, it is explained very well.

BTW I think MailScanner will always print "Virus and Content Scanning" even if it is turned off...