Kudos

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon Apr 12 19:11:20 IST 2004

At 01:37 PM 4/12/2004, Billy A. Pumphrey wrote:
>Kudos to Rules De Jour
>My % catch rate went from around 65% to around 82% after installed.

You might want to post that to the SA list.. AFAIK few of the RDJ sorts use
MailScanner (I may be the only one who has a SA ruleset in RDJ that
subscribes here)

>And..
>Kudos to Sophos.  After going through MailScanner and Sophos, Norton
>didn't find any viruses after going through 3 scans of Norton.  I see
>why Sophos is getting more popular, its just as good or better than
>Norton.

Some may or may not agree with me, but as far as I can tell Sophos seems to
have pretty much the best signature updates around. While they tend to not
be inexpensive, one could certainly say that you're getting one of the best
AV products out there.

Of course, there are other metrics than just speed of update, but Sophos
does seem to lead this category. (ie: in "bang for buck" it's very hard to
beat clamav, or other free products).