4.29.7 - Load Average

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Thu Apr 8 18:06:16 IST 2004

Wow a load average of 1.10 ;-)   I use a dual proc Sunfire box with
2gigs and I average around 5 to 6 with occasional 12s.  About 48,000
messages are processed on it.  It's not MailScanner or the AV that
drives it up, it's SpamAssassin that does.  The more tests you do then
the higher the load.

________________________________

Behalf Of Steve Freegard
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 12:22 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: 4.29.7 - Load Average

Hi Gang,

I've just gotten around to upgrade both my MailScanner boxes from
4.25-10 to 4.29.7 - I realise that *loads* of stuff has been improved
between these versions but I've experienced quite a fair increase in
Load Average since the upgrade and wondered if anyone else had
experienced anything similar??

For example - my busiest box processes around 4,500 messages per day and
had an average load of 0.5, since upgrading this is now more like 1.10.

Box is Compaq DL360 G2 - P3 1400Mhz, 1Gb Ram, 16Gb SCSI disks running
RH9 with Sophos SAVI and ClamAV module.

Cheers,
Steve.

believed to be clean.