Email not Spooling

Steve Douglas steve.douglas at SBIINCORPORATED.COM
Thu Apr 8 17:54:09 IST 2004

RH9, 1.5 GB RAM, Dec. 2003 MailScanner stable version, and SA 2.6
About two weeks ago I made some minor changes in my in my mailscanner.conf
file.  I am unable to figure this out.  I originally configured my spool
directory to file both the infected mail and spam.  I noticed today the only
thing being captured is the spam.  There are no messages that are declared
as infected with a virus being saved.

I reviewed the mailscanner.conf, virus.scanner.conf, and /usr/local/f-prot.
F-Prot is declared as the virus engine within the MailScanner.conf.  F-Prot
is listed in the virus.scanner.conf.  F-Prot is updated religiously.  I am
at a loss.

Would it be better if I just upgrade considering I am three months or so
behind both the SA or MS.  I try to only upgrade my MS about every quarter.
My primary exchange file server is getting inundated with the fricken 20k
virus that have released into the wild over the past six weeks.  It is
getting them all but 160k hits within three weeks is a bit absurd.  I take
that as the MS is not even scanning.  Rather bazaar considering everything
in my MailScanner.conf appears to have all the correct configurations.

Thank in advance.  I am out of ideas.

SD :-)