dccifd

Nick Nelson snelson at VALDOSTA.EDU
Wed Apr 7 20:18:59 IST 2004

Matt Kettler wrote:

> /var/dcc/dccifd is supposed to be a socket. That socket is created by
> starting dccifd as a daemon. Kind of like how starting syslogd creates
> /dev/log as a socket.

Not sure what fixed it, but it's fixed. I thought it'd be a MailScanner
issue since MailScanner couldn't see it (until recently) however,  that
particular error, was my stupidity, once MailScanner was able to see it,
I thought it would start it, but it didn't. Once I used the startup
script to start it, it found it, and is now using it....

Thanks all for the help.

Nick