dccifd

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Wed Apr 7 19:25:43 IST 2004

At 02:17 PM 4/7/2004, Nick Nelson wrote:
>I'm not sure if theres' a more appropriate place for this, however I'm
>having some issues with dccifd.

Since it's a SpamAssassin issue, spamassassin-users would be better, but
this is fine.

>I've compiled it and followed the
>instructions on the FAQ to the dot...it works great as dccproc..however
>the dccifd binary doesn't seem to get placed in $path ever. So this time
>I cp'd it over manually, when I start, it says it's avialable (first
>time it's said this.) however it also gives me this error:
>
>debug: DCCifd is available: /var/dcc/dccifd
>debug: entering helper-app run mode
>debug: failed to open socket
>debug: leaving helper-app run mode
>DCCifd -> check skipped: Connection refused connect: Connection refused
>...propagated at
>/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/Dns.pm line 617.

Um.. Don't copy dccifd over to /var/dcc. It doesn't work that way. SA/MS
never call dccifd as an executable file.

/var/dcc/dccifd is supposed to be a socket. That socket is created by
starting dccifd as a daemon. Kind of like how starting syslogd creates
/dev/log as a socket.