mailscanner-mrtg valid mountpoints]

Jim Robinson jim at LINUX-SP.COM
Tue Apr 6 21:59:38 IST 2004

Kevin,

That should do it - actually I was being dumb when I was looking at this.
Mount point for the partition does mean exactly what you were after - it was
a short between the seat and the keyboard this end that caused the problem
:)

You could add:

Mountpoint is the point the partition is mounted at to provide $spooldir

Use the df command to produce the information you need.
Filesystem           Mounted on
/dev/hda2               /
/dev/sda1              /var
/dev/sda2              /home
In the above example, /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming would be mounted at
/var and so:
MailScanner Work Directory = /var
Spool Directory = /var
<<<

Of course that may confuse at must as it helps as it's a bit long winded.

Jim

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 20:33, Jim Robinson wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who answered (so quickly) - indeed the answer was to
set
> these options to the mount point which in my case(s) was /var
This has to be the most asked question about MSMRTG.  In order to try
and make the message clear (it obviously wasn't as clear as I thought it
was) I am going to change the message in future releases to...
Unable to find a mountpoint for $spooldir.  Please set Spool Directory
in mailscanner-mrtg.conf to a valid mountpoint.  You can see a list of
mointpoints on your system by using the df command.

Unless someone can suggest something better...