[Fwd: Re: mailscanner-mrtg valid mountpoints]

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Tue Apr 6 21:54:51 IST 2004

No, that's about as clear as you can get I think.  When I first installed
it, I saw that, understood what it meant, didn't know the reason for it,
vacillated, hemmed and hawed, ran it a dozen times w/o setting it, then
finally broke down and tried what I thought it meant and lo and behold, it
worked.  The hang up is that people want to montor a directory so even if
the instructions are clear, our minds automatically go into the "That can't
possibly mean what it seems to mean so I'm going to do it my way because I
know my system better than the author, and he probably just phrased it
badly" mode.

One of those classic "just enough knowledge to be dangerous" situations I
guess...

...Kevin
CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
Administrator
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500