Sendmail Sender Verification

Gerry Doris gdoris at ROGERS.COM
Thu Apr 1 02:20:09 IST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Rose, Bobby wrote:

> I've been using milter-sender with sendmail for quite awhile to do this
> with good success.
>
> http://www.snert.com/Software/milter-sender/
>
> But it still won't stop a spammer or virus from using a valid email
> address but will stop bogus ones.  It also can do some other checks on
> the sending system.

I've been having trouble getting this work.  Specifically I'm having
problems with how to define the milter-socket.  I assume I need to
add Milter-Socket=/var/lib/milter-sender/socket in sendmail.mc somehow?

I've copied the sample milter-sender.mc into sendmail.mc and rebuilt
sendmail.cf.  The default INPUT_MAIL_FILTER macro specifies
/var/lib/milter-sender/socket.  Do I create an empty file called socket in
/var/lib/milter-sender?  If so, who should own it and what should be the
permissions?

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer