Check SpamAssassin If On Spam List -RBL setup.

shanna leonard ssl at AHSC.ARIZONA.EDU
Thu Apr 1 01:35:03 IST 2004

Thanks!

Julian Field wrote:

> At 19:26 26/03/2004, you wrote:
>

>> I am confused about the following comments in MailScanner.conf:
>>
>> # If a message appears in at least this number of "Spam Lists" (as
>> defined
>> # above), then the message will be treated as "High Scoring Spam" and so
>> # the "High Scoring Spam Actions" will happen....
>> Spam Lists To Reach High Score = 2
>>
>> # If the message sender is on any of the Spam Lists, do you still want
>> # to do the SpamAssassin checks? Setting this to "no" will reduce the
>> load
>> # on your server, but will stop the High Scoring Spam Actions from ever
>> # happening.
>> # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
>> Check SpamAssassin If On Spam List = yes
>>

>> the two coments seem to contradict each other.
>

> Oops, my mistake. The first comment is correct, the 2nd one isn't.
>
>>   If I set
>> "Check SpamAsssassin If on Spam List = no"   then will messages whose
>> MTA
>> 's IP was found by Mailscanner
>> on 2 RBL's be treated as High Scoring spam or not?
>

> They will be treated as High Scoring spam.
>
> Got any better suggestions for the 2nd comment?

um. well. I would If I knew what it did :) does it impact High Scoring
Spam Actions ever?
how about:
#If the message sender is on the number of Spam Lists (RBL's) specified in:
#"Spam Lists To Reach High Score",
#  do you still want
# to do the SpamAssassin checks? Setting this to "no" will reduce the load
# on your server.

# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Check SpamAssassin If On Spam List = yes

is the above accurate? I am still unclear on the action of these parameters:
i.e. whether it only takes one spam list hit to activate the parameter
"Check SpamAssassin If On Spam List"

>> -
>> --
>> ----