white listing subnets - per-domain rules

Errol U. Neal Jr. errol.neal at ENHTECH.COM
Tue Sep 30 17:25:12 IST 2003

Hi all,

I recently started using per-domain white lists and blacklists as found in
CustomConfig.pm.
It looks like it is working as it should; thanks goes out to Julian for
helping me get that setup.

My question is related to white listing entire subnets as it relates to
per-domain white/black lists.
Before I started using per-domain white lists, I was able to use a wild
card entry like this

From:   192.168.1.      yes

Now, in the 'default' file, I've defined some of my global white list
entries as so:

192.168.1.

Does this still work? I only ask because my system is seemingly
not  honoring that entry and in Julian's
example in CustomConfig.pm, it is only a single IP. MailScanner is tagging
messages from that subnet
as SPAM and sending  bounce backs. Any light on this matter would be very
much appreciated.

Errol Neal