Vedr.: Re: Gzip file with Dumaru.c virus!

Sat Sep 27 14:38:53 IST 2003

On Saturday 27 September 2003 2:33 pm, Jan Elmqvist Nielsen wrote:

> Sorry wrong permission
> should work now

Indeed:

ClamAV: patch.exe contains Worm.Dumaru.C
Bitdefender: Found virus Win32.Dumaru.C at mm in file patch.exe
Inoculan: [././h8RDYVt07110/patch.exe] was infected by virus [Win32/ZHymn]
McAfee: /h8RDYVt07110/patch.exe        Found the W32/Dumaru.l at MM virus !!!
Executables are dangerous in email (patch.exe)

This means that on my system, it was not detected by Antivir, F-Prot or
Kaspersky!   (I'm running Kaspersky 4.0.3.0, database updated today 07:43:12).

So, yes I agree with your assertion that F-Prot does not detect it, but
what's the difference between our Kasperskies?

Unfortunately I'm going out now, so will have to continue this discussion
later.

Regards,

Antony.

--