Vedr.: Re: Gzip file with Dumaru.c virus!

Jan Elmqvist Nielsen JEN at AH.DK
Sat Sep 27 14:49:11 IST 2003

I am running:
Kaspersky Version 3.0  build 136
and
Kaspersky  Version 4.0.3.0

on 2 servers both of them catch Dumaru.c

AVP databases updated today!

/Jan Elmqvist Nielsen

On Saturday 27 September 2003 2:33 pm, Jan Elmqvist Nielsen wrote:

> Sorry wrong permission
> should work now

Indeed:

ClamAV: patch.exe contains Worm.Dumaru.C
Bitdefender: Found virus Win32.Dumaru.C at mm in file patch.exe
Inoculan: [././h8RDYVt07110/patch.exe] was infected by virus
[Win32/ZHymn]
McAfee: /h8RDYVt07110/patch.exe        Found the W32/Dumaru.l at MM virus
!!!
Executables are dangerous in email (patch.exe)

This means that on my system, it was not detected by Antivir, F-Prot or

Kaspersky!   (I'm running Kaspersky 4.0.3.0, database updated today
07:43:12).

So, yes I agree with your assertion that F-Prot does not detect it, but

what's the difference between our Kasperskies?

Unfortunately I'm going out now, so will have to continue this
discussion
later.

Regards,

Antony.