OT: Is there Interest in a "recently seen Viruses Mailing list"

Errol Neal errol.neal at ENHTECH.COM
Thu Sep 11 19:55:30 IST 2003

At 04:38 PM 9/11/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello all.
>
>There has been a discussion on focus-virus at bugtraq about creating a
>blacklist for virus sending hosts. Personally I do not believe that is the
>way to go.
>
>It might help some of us though if we knew what the "big fishes" are
>seeing. Not all of us process a million mails daily and those high volume
>mail servers might be bound to seeing virus trends way before the smaller
>ones do.
>
>So I was wondering if there is interest in a Mailing list where
>MailScanner administrators could post some Virus statistics in a certain
>Interval. Maybe a Web Based system like incidents.org might help as well.
>I think it would be good to have something like an early warning system
>(Yes I know there are several but still, this would be very Mail+viri specific)
>
>Anyone that is interested , please do contact me off list
>
>-d
>
>-- nee amata wo mitsukete soshite midoto wasrezu
>    domma mi mumega itakutemo soba mi iru mo
>                         zutto...zutto...zutto

Funny, when i saw the "OT" in the subject line. I immediately though of
Omni-Tek.. been playing to much Anarchy-Online lol

Errol

Errol Neal, Systems/Network Administrator
eneal at enhtech.com
Enhanced Technologies Inc.
http://www.enhtech.com
703-924-0301 or 800-368-3249