MS 4.23-11: SA no go

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Sep 10 03:45:51 IST 2003

I've just tried this on a RH8 box and it works fine. The only thing changed
between the 2 versions of the SA support in MailScanner is that the "Max
SpamAssassin Size" check causes the message to be truncated rather than
ignored. So big spam doesn't evade the check completely, it just gets its
end chopped off.

I haven't had a chance to install it all on Solaris 9 yet. I've got a Sun
in my office back home, I must get around to updating that to Solaris 9
(assuming I can find the media, we have a site licence).

Can you put through it the 2 sample messages supplied with SpamAssassin
(sample-nonspam.txt and sample-spam.txt) and show me all the MailScanner
headers you get please. Would be worth setting "Always Include SpamAssassin
Report = yes" as well, so we can see what happens to the non-spam example.

--
Julian Field