Mail Not Routing, stuck in /var/spool/mqueue.in

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Sep 3 21:41:14 IST 2003

At 21:31 03/09/2003, you wrote:
>I am running MailScanner 4.21-9

This means that it isn't a problem with the latest release, 4.21 is from
back in June.

Is it processing all the messages in the queue with each new batch, or are
you getting the maillog reporting that it found a large number of messages
waiting, but then only started scanning a few of them? In that case, it's
because a lot of the messages are still being delivered to you.

If you could actually submit a chunk of your log showing what (if anything)
is happening, then I can try to see what's going on.