Mail Not Routing, stuck in /var/spool/mqueue.in

Wed Sep 3 21:59:20 IST 2003

Hi!

> >I am running MailScanner 4.21-9
>
> This means that it isn't a problem with the latest release, 4.21 is from
> back in June.

Last night i downgraded to 4.22 on one of my boxes, a pain since i had
some of the new features running <grin> but that didnt help either, and
indeed, if 4.21 also does it it seems there is some new thing thats doing
it. Like we had way back also ...

> Is it processing all the messages in the queue with each new batch, or are
> you getting the maillog reporting that it found a large number of messages
> waiting, but then only started scanning a few of them? In that case, it's
> because a lot of the messages are still being delivered to you.

No, in my case it was like this:

12 workers, 70 messages.

8 worders got 8 x 70. Those would not come out the queue. I monitored
those exact files, they stayed very very long, as in 50 minutes or so.
The other workers were processing new messages and that went ok, so it
seems some were stuck. The 8 other workers seemed more or less frozen.
With the very few workers left the system went crazy on backlog making it
only worse...

I didnt use any RBL checking or SA so its only the virus scanner and the
filename stuff. I also cut down the TNEF timeout to 30 seconds...

> If you could actually submit a chunk of your log showing what (if anything)
> is happening, then I can try to see what's going on.

You can have all my logs, only thing is they are around 180 Meg daily for
each server. But its not showing anything strange, those batches just take
DAMN long to end up, but eventually they do...

Thanks,
Raymond.