Mailscanner converting HTML messages with FORM tags

Lancaster, David Matthew dml at UNB.CA
Wed Oct 22 13:36:22 IST 2003

> > >Perhaps the Allow/Convert options could be restructured to something like
> > >this:?
> > >Allow Form Tags = { yes | convert | no}
> > >Allow Object Codebase Tags = { yes | convert | no}
> > >Allow IFrame Tags = { yes | convert | no}
> > >
> > >This would also allow further selection of criteria (e.g. javascript,
> etc)
> > as
> > >"Dangerous HTML", while still allowing a great deal of tuning.
> >
> > Would you like to be able to strip _all_ html out of some messages, or
> just
> > strip out a few specific tags from some messages? The latter is much
> harder.
>
> I don't currently have the need to strip out specific html...just to select
> which of the three criteria (iframe, obj codebase, form) will cause the
> message
> to be converted to plain text.
>
> D.

Hate to be a pest, but any idea if this could be added to MailScanner?
I realize that MailScanner must keep you quite busy, so if it's not something
you're interested in looking at, I might take a peek at the code myself...but
it doesn't make sense for two people to be duplicating the work.

Cheers,
D.